POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prime question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Prime question (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Warp
Subject: Prime question
Date: 17 May 2009 10:40:05
Message: <4a1021c4@news.povray.org>
What is the smallest number for which it's unknown whether it's prime
or composite?

  Finding this information is surprisingly difficult, even in the modern
era of the internet, which always provides up-to-date information on
everything. If you were to search for the largest known prime, you would
find it in like 2 seconds with google (the vast majority of that time
going into writing the keywords into google). However, I can't find the
answer to my question above.

  (And before anyone starts nitpicking: No, I'm not asking what is the
smallest unknown prime. The difference is subtle, but rather relevant.
You *will* find a few pages which nitpick about this, but they do not
answer the question above.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message