POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Science Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Science (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: Invisible
Subject: Science
Date: 15 May 2009 10:07:29
Message: <4a0d7721$1@news.povray.org>
Question: Does acetone disolve backup tape?

Answer: Not very quickly.

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Subject: Re: Science
Date: 15 May 2009 10:31:30
Message: <4a0d7cc2$1@news.povray.org>
> Question: Does acetone disolve backup tape?
>
> Answer: Not very quickly.

   No, the answer is 'Yes'.  :oP

     ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 15 May 2009 10:33:02
Message: <4a0d7d1e@news.povray.org>
>> Question: Does acetone disolve backup tape?
>>
>> Answer: Not very quickly.
>
>    No, the answer is 'Yes'.  :oP

Question: Which one of us is currently soaking a backup tape in acetone?
Which one of us, therefore, has the experimental data to backup their
position?

(Ya see what I did there?)

Post a reply to this message

>>> Question: Does acetone disolve backup tape?
>>>
>>> Answer: Not very quickly.
>>
>>    No, the answer is 'Yes'.  :oP
>
> Question: Which one of us is currently soaking a backup tape in acetone?
> Which one of us, therefore, has the experimental data to backup their
> position?
>
> (Ya see what I did there?)

   Erm, no, but while you're doing this experiment, tell me what the backup
tape is made of. Would you say it's the same material as an old 45 or LP
record?

   What happens if you lift the backup tape out of the acetone? Is the
material floppy?

        ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message