POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More [deterministic] randomness Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  More [deterministic] randomness (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Invisible
Subject: More [deterministic] randomness
Date: 12 May 2009 06:24:29
Message: <4a094e5d$1@news.povray.org>
So, if you enjoyed watching the video on YouTube, now you can try
watching the high-res original. I just finished rerendering it:

   http://download.orphi.me.uk/Video/Chaos1-H.264-5000.avi

I rendered it at 3200x1800 and then downsampled it to 1600x900 to give
it 2x antialiasing. (Downsampled using Lanczos resampling.) The result
was then H.264 encoded at 5,000 kb/sec average bitrate.

Obviously you'll need to find some sort of H.264 decoder to be able to
enjoy this, but if you can track down some software that will do it...
it looks pretty sweet, man. And only about 16 MB to download.

Render time was under 4 hours. Integrated with 4th-order Runge-Kutta
using an adaptive step size based on Scott's suggestion to use the
variation between the four slope estimates to decide when to subdivide.

Enjoy, people...

Post a reply to this message

> So, if you enjoyed watching the video on YouTube, now you can try
> watching the high-res original. I just finished rerendering it:
>
>   http://download.orphi.me.uk/Video/Chaos1-H.264-5000.avi
>
> Enjoy, people...

Wow, this generated a surge of interest...

Post a reply to this message

> Wow, this generated a surge of interest...

  Yes. That's always a nice thing.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message