POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interesting quote for Orchid Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Interesting quote for Orchid (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Interesting quote for Orchid
Date: 6 May 2009 12:08:07
Message: <4a01b5e7$1@news.povray.org>
Showed up on my "Quotes of the Day" block on Google today:

It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life
that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal
itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it.

  - Arnold Toynbee

Post a reply to this message

> Showed up on my "Quotes of the Day" block on Google today:
>
> It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life
> that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal
> itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it.

I knew it!  Obama wants to be U.N. Secretary-General!

Regards,
John

(Seriously, he's the first U.S. President with a significant chance of
getting the job.)

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 08 May 2009 07:36:50 -0400, John VanSickle wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Showed up on my "Quotes of the Day" block on Google today:
>>
>> It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life
>> that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that
>> goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it.
>
> I knew it!  Obama wants to be U.N. Secretary-General!

LOL

> (Seriously, he's the first U.S. President with a significant chance of
> getting the job.)

Good point, of course we'll have to see how the next few years go.  I'm
hoping he does well, but the first 100-ish days are often not much of an
indicator.

Jim

Post a reply to this message