POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LinkedIn Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  LinkedIn (Message 28 to 37 of 57)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: LinkedIn
Date: 6 May 2009 08:46:33
Message: <4a0186a9$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Warning - severe nerd/geek alert:
>
> http://www.srcf.ucam.org/assassins/

It's heartening to know that my website isn't the *only* thing on the
face of the Internet that's still trapped in a timewarp from 1997...

I still think this sounds... absolutely insane. I can't imagine how any
sane person would think this is a good idea. But there we are.

Tell me, did you play while you were there? :-P

Post a reply to this message

> It's heartening to know that my website isn't the *only* thing on the face
> of the Internet that's still trapped in a timewarp from 1997...
>
> I still think this sounds... absolutely insane. I can't imagine how any
> sane person would think this is a good idea. But there we are.

It was good fun, plus most of those societies at University are just an
excuse to meet new people and do lots of social events :-)  I have two very
good friends now that I would have otherwise never met.

Post a reply to this message

>> I still think this sounds... absolutely insane. I can't imagine how
>> any sane person would think this is a good idea. But there we are.
>
> It was good fun, plus most of those societies at University are just an
> excuse to meet new people and do lots of social events :-)  I have two
> very good friends now that I would have otherwise never met.

Well maybe. But this particular society seems like a step too far.

(If I *wanted* random strangers to constantly harass me, I'm fairly sure
I don't need to sign up to an assassins' guild...)

Post a reply to this message

> (If I *wanted* random strangers to constantly harass me, I'm fairly sure I
> don't need to sign up to an assassins' guild...)

You can always lock your door - or better, leave it unlocked with some form
of trap :-D

Post a reply to this message