POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Toy .. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:27:19 EDT (-0400)
  Toy .. (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Toy ..
Date: 1 May 2009 10:58:46
Message: <49fb0e26@news.povray.org>
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'heli.jpg' (265 KB)

Preview of image 'heli.jpg'
heli.jpg

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Toy ..
Date: 1 May 2009 11:00:05
Message: <49fb0e75@news.povray.org>
You as well?

Marcus prides himself on being able to fly that backwards. I had a look
in the local Maplin, and they have several toys on sale similar to this,
but not this exact one. (All the ones they sell are made of foam rather
than plastic. And they have tiny rotors.)

Post a reply to this message

> Marcus prides himself on being able to fly that backwards. I had a look
> in the local Maplin, and they have several toys on sale similar to this,
> but not this exact one. (All the ones they sell are made of foam rather
> than plastic. And they have tiny rotors.)

This one is full 4 channels, can fly sideways, forward backward, and
pivot. Fun.

You should see the kid when I'm flying it.. :D
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> Marcus prides himself on being able to fly that backwards. I had a
>> look in the local Maplin, and they have several toys on sale similar
>> to this, but not this exact one. (All the ones they sell are made of
>> foam rather than plastic. And they have tiny rotors.)
>
> This one is full 4 channels, can fly sideways, forward backward, and
> pivot. Fun.

Yeah. I've had a go with the one Marcus has.

As I say, the things Maplin sell look like cheap copies. Not really
impressed. (Which is why I haven't bought one.)

> You should see the kid when I'm flying it.. :D

Radar head?

Post a reply to this message

>> You should see the kid when I'm flying it.. :D
>
> Radar head?

More like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oHyWtMcT3k&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBR4Ebe8jEM&feature=channel