POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 13 scientific questions without an answer so far Server Time
9 Oct 2024 09:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  13 scientific questions without an answer so far (Message 21 to 27 of 27)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: 13 scientific questions without an answer so far
Date: 29 Apr 2009 12:15:06
Message: <49f87d0a@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   (I suppose "dilluting makes the effect reverse" makes some kind of
> > sense... if you have the IQ of a 2-year-old, that is. I suppose the logic
> > might go something like: When you take the harmful element away by
> > dilluting, likewise the harmful *effect* goes away, and it takes away
> > the harmful effect in anything that it touches.)

> No, it's supposedly more like the vaccine mechanism. By taking the ghost of
> the poison, your body overreacts and cures whatever has the same symptoms as
> the poison.

  I bet that's just an explanation they came up with afterwards. The
2yo-level explanation sounds more plausible. ;)

> What I want to know is why people don't dilute placebos, then poison people
> with it. The perfect murder weapon!

  Since homeopathic medicine is 100% natural, it can only have positive
effects, never negative, I suppose. (After all, synthetic = bad, natural =
good.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message