POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : High rez versus high refresh... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  High rez versus high refresh... (Message 63 to 72 of 82)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: High rez versus high refresh...
Date: 27 Apr 2009 16:36:33
Message: <49f61751@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Most *new* TVs are widescreen. (Indeed, it is apparently impossible to
>> buy one that isn't.) Which is most perplexing, because there are no TV
>> signals broadcast in widescreen,
>
> Huh? I went to radiotimes.co.uk and clicked on about 20 shows today on
> BBC1,2 and ITV, and *ALL* were widescreen.  I couldn't be bothered to
> look longer for non-widescreen shows.  What are you watching?

Films tend to be widescreen, but little else. (E.g., all the adverts
[not that we care], the news and weather, most of the game shows me mum
insists on watching.)

Personally, I just avoid watching TV at all. Watching the adverts is
like being on a bad acid trip (I'm not kidding!), and most of the
programs are rubbish these days anyway...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/