POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not quite Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Not quite (Message 11 to 20 of 32)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Not quite
Date: 17 Apr 2009 15:12:21
Message: <49e8d495@news.povray.org>
Stephen escreveu:

>>> Your ignorance is showing, again :)
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bach#Works
>> What can I say? I like organ music, and that's the only reason I've ever
>> heard of Bach. Before I started looking at organ music, I'd never heard
>> of him.
>>

> Gobsmacked that you've never heard of the Brandenburg concertos.

What he doesn't understand is that Bach is the Emacs of classical
composers. :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 17 Apr 2009 15:34:20
Message: <49E8D9BD.6040204@hotmail.com>
On 17-4-2009 20:13, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Even for singing. I didn't know Bach *wrote* anything suitable! >_<
>>
>> Your ignorance is showing, again :)
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bach#Works
>
> What can I say? I like organ music, and that's the only reason I've ever
> heard of Bach. Before I started looking at organ music, I'd never heard
> of him.

Apparently you have never been to the Netherlands at the time of
Eastern. For some obscure reason there are hundreds of performances of
his St Matthew Passion (and some John). Most with very good musician,
some less quality and we also have the sing along Passions that are in a
quality category of their own. Ok that obscure reason may be that it is
absolutely fantastic music.
I also tend to play it most of the week before Eastern.

> But then, before I started looking at organ music, I *was* only 8 years
> old. :-P

Ok, then there is some hope.

Post a reply to this message