POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs Server Time
26 Jun 2024 05:52:33 EDT (-0400)
  Emacs (Message 31 to 40 of 349)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Emacs
Date: 14 Apr 2009 14:50:39
Message: <49e4daff@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford escreveu:
> Invisible wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know what the hell "C-u 10 C-f" is actually supposed to
>> mean? What the heck is a "meta key"? Why are cut and past called kill
>> and yank? The list of questions goes on and on.
>
> which does which? Kill I imagine deletes the text. Yank I guess is
> similar to a copy then delete operation.
>
> I'm sure there's a way to remap keyboard operations.

Well, right arrow and Ctrl+right arrow already do the same as Ctrl+f and
Alt+f for those people who enjoy getting their hands away from editing
keys once in a while.  But what I truly wonder is what standard
Microsoft keyboard mapping will you map the move-by-sentence and
move-by-paragraph with among many others...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message