POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs Server Time
30 Sep 2024 12:12:44 EDT (-0400)
  Emacs (Message 251 to 260 of 349)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Emacs
Date: 19 Apr 2009 15:50:09
Message: <49eb8071@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Even when it's two geeks who have gotten married? ;-)
>> Come ON people! We all know geek girls are a myth created to give false
>> hope to poor souls such as myself. :-/
>
> My wife is terribly offended that you think she's not a geek.... ;-)

What kind of pubs do geek girls frequent? :)

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 19 Apr 2009 16:54:37
Message: <49EB8F8E.6070804@hotmail.com>
On 19-4-2009 22:00, nemesis wrote:
> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Come ON people! We all know geek girls are a myth created to give false
>>> hope to poor souls such as myself. :-/
>>
>> My wife is terribly offended that you think she's not a geek.... ;-)
>
> What kind of pubs do geek girls frequent? :)

The Foo bar.

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 19 Apr 2009 20:05:32
Message: <49ebbc4c$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> On 19-4-2009 22:00, nemesis wrote:
>> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> My wife is terribly offended that you think she's not a geek.... ;-)
>>
>> What kind of pubs do geek girls frequent? :)
>
> The Foo bar.

Damn, I usually go to Boz bar... :P

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Apr 2009 20:47:36
Message: <49ebc628$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 17:00:38 -0300, nemesis wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Come ON people! We all know geek girls are a myth created to give
>>> false hope to poor souls such as myself. :-/
>>
>> My wife is terribly offended that you think she's not a geek.... ;-)
>
> What kind of pubs do geek girls frequent? :)

Well, my wife and I go to a local microbrewery. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 20 Apr 2009 04:07:33
Message: <49ec2d45$1@news.povray.org>
> Clever people realize not having 3 or 4 common keyboard shortcuts is a
> lame excuse for not learning the other 80 or so specific features and
> shortcuts a software might provide.

It's not just the shortcuts, it's things like using the space bar to open
the context menu, the context menu not following the same UI rules as
standard, not using standard dialog boxes (did you ever try to save a file
to a network share in Blender? I tried to type in the path and it asked me
if I wanted to make a new folder called "\\san1\$scott"!).

Fixing these things would take little resources and would generate far fewer
complaints from new users.

I don't care about learning specific shortcuts for obscure operations, or
learning how to use new features, but having to re-learn shortcuts for
save,load,copy,paste,undo,redo, learning a new menu system, and a new file
open/save dialog box is an unacceptable waste of my time and memory.

Post a reply to this message

>> What kind of pubs do geek girls frequent? :)
>
> The Foo bar.

WIN!

Post a reply to this message

> My wife is terribly offended that you think she's not a geek.... ;-)

Which country is she from?

Post a reply to this message