POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Save more money...!? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  Save more money...!? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: clipka
Subject: Save more money...!?
Date: 9 Apr 2009 11:30:00
Message: <web.49de13a9b7c72839b06defeb0@news.povray.org>
My internet provider just informed me that I might save a few cents by switching
to a new product tariff - which makes me think again:

How come people put so much energy into saving money, even if it is just a few
bucks?

Now let's assume that switching to that new tariff would cost me only a 5-minute
phone call; thinking how much money I could instead make by spending that time
for work, it would take half a year before that tariff switch would even start
to pay off... and if I spent another 10 minutes to make sure there's no catch
to the new tariff...

Sometimes it saves more money to not attempt to save any.

Post a reply to this message

> My internet provider just informed me that I might save a few cents by
switching
> to a new product tariff - which makes me think again:
>
> How come people put so much energy into saving money, even if it is just a
few
> bucks?
>
> Now let's assume that switching to that new tariff would cost me only a
5-minute
> phone call; thinking how much money I could instead make by spending that
time
> for work, it would take half a year before that tariff switch would even
start
> to pay off... and if I spent another 10 minutes to make sure there's no
catch
> to the new tariff...
>
> Sometimes it saves more money to not attempt to save any.

Say, do you factor in the time spent calculating whether to attempt to save
money or not?

Sometimes, it saves more money to not overthink.

Of course it also saves money to not read or post p.o-t...

Post a reply to this message

> Sometimes it saves more money to not attempt to save any.

It saves *you* money. It doesn't save the commissioned salesman any money. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)