POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A tricky rendering problem Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  A tricky rendering problem (Message 21 to 23 of 23)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: A tricky rendering problem
Date: 9 Apr 2009 12:00:01
Message: <web.49de1b17c22165a3bbbb20030@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> > The real question is:  is it in Haskell? :)
>
> Well *duh*! :-P

That's a cool real-world application for it. :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 11 Apr 2009 20:46:34
Message: <49e139e9@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
>> It's... encouraging to know that I accidentally managed to get so much
>> nearly right.
>
> Well, algorithmic ideas for many problems are almost always intuitive and
> straightforward enough and only implementations differ.

Which is why software patents shouldn't exist.

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 11 Apr 2009 23:20:00
Message: <web.49e15ceac22165a3bbbb20030@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
> > Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >> It's... encouraging to know that I accidentally managed to get so much
> >> nearly right.
> >
> > Well, algorithmic ideas for many problems are almost always intuitive and
> > straightforward enough and only implementations differ.
>
> Which is why software patents shouldn't exist.

Indeed.  You know using xor for operations on screen was once patented, don't
you? :P