POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Damn I hate open source Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Damn I hate open source (Message 21 to 24 of 24)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Damn I hate open source
Date: 5 Apr 2009 00:33:11
Message: <49d83487@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> What would you rather interface to: A protocol specified by an RFC, or a
>> protocol specified by a big chunk of C code?
>
> What if nobody intended the protocol to be used by any other software in the
> first place? (making it technically hard to fork the software)

Let's exclude from discussion open source software the author doesn't want
you to look at, hmm? :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 5 Apr 2009 00:33:35
Message: <49d8349f@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>>   Judging from thedailywtf.com, proprietary code isn't always much better
>> either.
>
> Quite true, but for different reasons. :-)

See Step 1:
http://blog.objectmentor.com/articles/2008/03/05/clues-for-reading-new-code

Post a reply to this message

From: Chambers
Date: 5 Apr 2009 21:51:15
Message: <49d96013@news.povray.org>
On 4/4/2009 5:42 PM, clipka wrote:
> At that point, I first take a pee, then a *deep* breath,

I totally understand, peeing always makes me breathe hard, too! :)

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 5 Apr 2009 22:21:16
Message: <49d9671c$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> On 4/4/2009 5:42 PM, clipka wrote:
>> At that point, I first take a pee, then a *deep* breath,
>
> I totally understand, peeing always makes me breathe hard, too! :)

Me too, except after asparagus.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)