POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rumor has it POVRay 4 will be released very soon!! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Rumor has it POVRay 4 will be released very soon!! (Message 1 to 10 of 25)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Rumor has it POVRay 4 will be released very soon!!
Date: 1 Apr 2009 08:14:18
Message: <49d35a9a$1@news.povray.org>
I have it on good authority that the next generation of POVRay will be
released on Easter Sunday.

You see, 3.7 was just a brilliant cover for what will be the greatest
achievement in computer graphics history.

POVRay 4.0 will feature:

* True photon tracing, for ultra-realism
* Quantum surface simulation, Accurately scatters light
* Colors may now be defined in any number of models, including a new
vector1000 type that will allow full spectrum lighting and surfaces
* Real fluorescence and phosphorescence (in animations) simulations
* Includes simulations for cloth, space-time fabric, and real gravity
* Integrated with an enhanced version of Moray
* True iridescent surface properties.
* Enhanced media adds realism
* Integrated particle simulation
* A new help feature: POVRay licenses Clippy from Microsoft

Of course, all these great features can't come for free. POVRay adopts a

institutional users will have to pay more, call the POVTeam for details.

System requirements

* Quad-core 64bit processor, minimum 4 GHz
* Any OS you want
* 128 GB of RAM
* 200 GB Hard disk space, 10 TB recommended.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message