POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I learned a lot about my co-workers yesterday Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  I learned a lot about my co-workers yesterday (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: I learned a lot about my co-workers yesterday
Date: 31 Mar 2009 11:55:30
Message: <49d23cf2$1@news.povray.org>
We had a meeting to introduce a new programmer who will be working offsite.

I learned that I work with quite an interesting and diverse set of people.

A couple PhD's,  A MS in Mathematics, Plenty of CS majors, mostly BS,
and a former astrophysicist.

;)
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> A couple PhD's,  A MS in Mathematics, Plenty of CS majors, mostly BS,
> and a former astrophysicist.

I see a lot of BS around here - but maybe that's not what you meant...

Post a reply to this message

> I see a lot of BS around here - but maybe that's not what you meant...

LOL, Bachelors of Science ...

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> I see a lot of BS around here - but maybe that's not what you meant...
>
> LOL, Bachelors of Science ...

I guess it's "BSc" for a reason... ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:11:59 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Mike Raiford wrote:
>> Invisible wrote:
>>> I see a lot of BS around here - but maybe that's not what you meant...
>>
>> LOL, Bachelors of Science ...
>
> I guess it's "BSc" for a reason... ;-)

Not in the US, that I've seen.  It's usually written "B.S." here.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> A couple PhD's,  A MS in Mathematics, Plenty of CS majors, mostly BS,
>> and a former astrophysicist.
>
> I see a lot of BS around here - but maybe that's not what you meant...

hehe, and I read "CS majors" as people graduated with honors in a
certain game... ;)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

> We had a meeting to introduce a new programmer who will be working offsite.
>
> I learned that I work with quite an interesting and diverse set of people.
>
> A couple PhD's,  A MS in Mathematics, Plenty of CS majors, mostly BS,
> and a former astrophysicist.
>
> ;)
> --

Sounds like a typical sampling of the POV_Ray newsgroup community, if some of
the newsgroup replies are any indication!

Me, I'm just a lowly musician, struggling along...

KW

Post a reply to this message

> Sounds like a typical sampling of the POV_Ray newsgroup community, if some of
> the newsgroup replies are any indication!
>
> Me, I'm just a lowly musician, struggling along...

And I'm a bank teller, going to night school to turn my hobby into a
career :)

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

On 3/31/2009 11:40 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:11:59 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>
>> Mike Raiford wrote:
>>> LOL, Bachelors of Science ...
>> I guess it's "BSc" for a reason... ;-)
>
> Not in the US, that I've seen.  It's usually written "B.S." here.
>
> Jim

BS: Bullsh*t.
MS: More sh*t.
PhD: Piled Higher and Deeper.

A very interesting paper on this phenomenon:
http://www.poopreport.com/Intellectual/Content/Phd/phd.html

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com