POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Laptop prices Server Time
9 Oct 2024 17:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Laptop prices (Message 51 to 57 of 57)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: It's here
Date: 5 Apr 2009 12:37:52
Message: <9enht4l4v949j7s7uuvq4skisieppio1p0@4ax.com>
On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 16:29:09 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>For some reason, every few seconds the WiFi light flashes. Anybody have
>any idea how I can completely disable WiFi? (If it were up to me, I
>would have purchased a laptop that doesn't *have* WiFi, but for some
>reason that appears to be impossible...)
>
>Specifically, I'd like to make absolutely sure it can't connect to any
>networks of any kind, and that it isn't wasting battery power trying.

You should find the answer in the manual.
You could disable it in the Device Manager
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 6 Apr 2009 05:31:23
Message: <49d9cbeb$1@news.povray.org>
>> For some reason, every few seconds the WiFi light flashes. Anybody
>> have any idea how I can completely disable WiFi?
>
> Disabling it in Network Connections doesn't do the trick?

Seems to work.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 6 Apr 2009 05:32:00
Message: <49d9cc10$1@news.povray.org>
> You should find the answer in the manual.

*manual*?! o_O

(Well, in fairness, there was a sheet of paper telling me how to insert
the battery and turn it on...)

Post a reply to this message