POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ISS construction photos Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  ISS construction photos (Message 51 to 54 of 54)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: ISS construction photos
Date: 1 Apr 2009 13:20:00
Message: <web.49d3a1f53c1bb33ef708085d0@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> They need to take the conspiracy nuts to one of the telescopes that has
> a laser attached, then aim it at that corner reflector on the moon.
>
> Gee, how did that get there?

Robot probes, for sure... possibly actually russian ones...

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 1 Apr 2009 13:30:00
Message: <web.49d3a3993c1bb33ef708085d0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> clipka <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > If you don't *want* to believe, you can always construct a theory that will
> > allow you not to.
>
>   Conspiracy theories are a religion.

And vice versa, as it would seem to me.

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Apr 2009 22:50:01
Message: <web.49d426853c1bb33ef50167bc0@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> Warp wrote:

> Interestingly, one thing I have noticed is that many people who are very
> religious also seem to believe some sort of conspiracy theory. It's a
> strange connection I've observed over the years...

Sad to say, I see the same thing, even among some close friends. Not exactly
something I would mention to them, of course. These people seem kind of
psychologically 'fragile.' And definitely fearful, of many odd things. I hate
to say it, but they are prime fodder for being 'led by their fears' by others.

KW

Post a reply to this message