POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ISS construction photos Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  ISS construction photos (Message 45 to 54 of 54)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: ISS construction photos
Date: 31 Mar 2009 11:01:07
Message: <49d23033@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
> > It is not that much more southerly than the south of the UK but I suppose
> the
> > air is clearer than the cities that I've lived in. You need to go south to
> > really see the Milky Way.

> like way freakin' in the middle of nowhere .... deep in the outback perhaps.
> that WOULD be cool!

  What would be really cool is to go with a boat to the middle of southern
Pacific Ocean, as far from civilization as possible, on a clear night, and
turn all lights off.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: triple r
Date: 31 Mar 2009 11:25:00
Message: <web.49d234a83c1bb33e63a1b7c30@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   What would be really cool is to go with a boat to the middle of southern
> Pacific Ocean, as far from civilization as possible, on a clear night, and
> turn all lights off.

Or to have lived just a couple of generations ago.

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message