POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Friend of a Friend Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  A Friend of a Friend (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Chambers
Subject: A Friend of a Friend
Date: 26 Mar 2009 12:20:01
Message: <web.49cbaa5dd4512817261d9700@news.povray.org>
So two to three times a week, a contractor named John comes into our branch and
does some transactions.

Today, he mentioned that he's doing some work on Linus Torvalds's house.

Pretty cool :)

Post a reply to this message

> So two to three times a week, a contractor named John comes into our branch and
> does some transactions.
>
> Today, he mentioned that he's doing some work on Linus Torvalds's house.
>
> Pretty cool :)

Yep.  The title reminds me of an Orson Welles quote, something about how
he was just 3 handshakes away from Napoleon Bonaparte: when he was a
child he handshaked with some old man who knew another guy in the past
who has met Napoleon many decades earlier. :)

Post a reply to this message

> Yep.  The title reminds me of an Orson Welles quote, something about how
> he was just 3 handshakes away from Napoleon Bonaparte: when he was a
> child he handshaked with some old man who knew another guy in the past
> who has met Napoleon many decades earlier. :)

  I think this touches the idea of "six degrees of separation". The most
famous trivia game related to that is this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Degrees_of_Kevin_Bacon

  A famous one among Go players is this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shusaku_number

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>   I think this touches the idea of "six degrees of separation". The most
> famous trivia game related to that is this one:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Degrees_of_Kevin_Bacon
>
>   A famous one among Go players is this one:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shusaku_number

Not forgetting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erd%C5%91s_number

I have a book all about this stuff...