POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Clearly photoshoped Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  Clearly photoshoped (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Invisible
Subject: Clearly photoshoped
Date: 26 Mar 2009 06:31:49
Message: <49cb5995@news.povray.org>
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Woking_tripod.JPG

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Clearly photoshoped
Date: 26 Mar 2009 07:41:21
Message: <49cb69e1@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Woking_tripod.JPG

  Not necessarily.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 26 Mar 2009 07:50:29
Message: <49cb6c05@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Not necessarily.

Perhaps you misunderstand. This is "clearly photoshoped" in the sense of

http://xkcd.com/331/

This is a real photograph, and yet, for some reason, it "looks wrong".
In a similar way,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Mars_Viking_11d128.png

This is a real photograph, yet it somehow looks like a piece of cheap
CGI. Very strange...

Post a reply to this message