POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Gigs of free MP3s Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:12:54 EDT (-0400)
  Gigs of free MP3s (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Darren New
Subject: Gigs of free MP3s
Date: 16 Mar 2009 20:09:23
Message: <49beea33$1@news.povray.org>
http://2007.sxsw.com/toolbox/clickquide/index.php

google for "site:sxsw.com torrent" for a bunch of decent music being served
nicely fast, legally free.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Gigs of free MP3s
Date: 16 Mar 2009 20:11:02
Message: <49beea96$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> google for "site:sxsw.com torrent" for a bunch of decent music being

Whoops. I figured out how I found it before.

http://sites.google.com/site/sxsw2009torrent/

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: nemesis
Date: 16 Mar 2009 20:45:00
Message: <web.49bef1807a5aa39fb5d35d190@news.povray.org>
> http://2007.sxsw.com/toolbox/clickquide/index.php
>
> google for "site:sxsw.com torrent" for a bunch of decent music being served
> nicely fast, legally free.

here, too:
http://www.sky.fm/

:)

Post a reply to this message

From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 17 Mar 2009 00:47:41
Message: <49bf2b6d$1@news.povray.org>
> http://2007.sxsw.com/toolbox/clickquide/index.php
>
> google for "site:sxsw.com torrent" for a bunch of decent music being
> served nicely fast, legally free.
>
> --
>   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>   My fortune cookie said, "You will soon be
>   unable to read this, even at arm's length."

http://bdma-lot.blogspot.com/
http://www.dumah-grind.blogspot.com/
http://dunkelheit616.blogspot.com/

Too bad you need the CDs already for the above to be legal...good for me
that I already do. [support your local DM/BM bands!] :-)

Itunes/DRM sucks (and not just because they don't serve proper DM/BM)...but
because you are a criminal either way...if you switch machines or devices
you have to repurchase..screw that..its ghey...

If you already have the CD, try google for: +"cd/song name here" +blogspot
Or just rip your CD with MMwave2k and skip the BS. ;-)

ian

Post a reply to this message

> google for "site:sxsw.com torrent" for a bunch of decent music being served
> nicely fast, legally free.
>
> --
>    Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>    My fortune cookie said, "You will soon be
>    unable to read this, even at arm's length."

My favorite free music sources are this:

http://www.jamendo.com
http://www.opsound.org
http://music.podshow.com