POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Up-time Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:53 EDT (-0400)
  Up-time (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Up-time
Date: 13 Mar 2009 05:13:33
Message: <49ba23bd$1@news.povray.org>
Halbert wrote:
> I'm still impressed. I do know that I can't remember the last time it was
> rebooted.

Oh hell, I'm not saying it's not impressive. I'm just saying that if you
want to compute the *precise* figure, it'll be difficult. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 13 Mar 2009 05:19:44
Message: <49ba2530$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Ha, I didn't even know there were more columns you could turn on.
>> 42 hours and change, but that's active time since last reboot.
>> Doesn't count time in hibernation.
>
> 169 hours for mine, must have been a while since an automatic update
> needed a restart...

Some of my *servers* might have long uptimes. But a PC at home? Those
get turned off when nobody is using them. Because... well why wouldn't you?

[Actually, now that I think about it, we deployed new AV software on
Monday that required a reboot...]

Post a reply to this message

>> 169 hours for mine, must have been a while since an automatic update
>> needed a restart...
>
> Some of my *servers* might have long uptimes. But a PC at home? Those get
> turned off when nobody is using them. Because... well why wouldn't you?

Mine too, that was for my work desktop machine which stays on most of the
time.

Post a reply to this message

>>> 169 hours for mine, must have been a while since an automatic update
>>> needed a restart...
>>
>> Some of my *servers* might have long uptimes. But a PC at home? Those
>> get turned off when nobody is using them. Because... well why wouldn't
>> you?
>
> Mine too, that was for my work desktop machine which stays on most of
> the time.

Ah, OK.

Post a reply to this message