POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid Server Time
18 May 2024 18:55:41 EDT (-0400)
  World Community Grid (Message 64 to 73 of 103)
From: Saul Luizaga
Subject: Re: World Community Grid
Date: 9 Mar 2009 20:41:32
Message: <49b5b73c@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> Saul Luizaga wrote:
>> Actually I gave enough info and people that ask "Why should I?" is I
>> don't care about selfless things but if you talk/write to me enough I
>> MIGHT do it, if they do, they do for a little time then "suddenly" they
>> get "bothered" by it, so they MUST uninstall the damn thing. Is for
>> Humanity benefit, the more we are helping the better, you don't know if
>> you're gonna develop cancer or another disease in the future, so I don't
>>  know HOW some pèople find this to be WRONG, I just don't get it, IMO
>> distributed computing for helping Humanity is best thing ever build
>> after computers them selves
>
> 	If you were behind this initiative, I'd already have decided not to
> join. Your attitude is one I've seen in plenty of voluntary work. If
> those people don't leave, other volunteers do.

You're right, you can't do good by doing wrong, I was very ungry, I
apologize.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 9 Mar 2009 21:02:38
Message: <49b5bc2e$1@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> The results are "open source" for the scientific/research community
> freely as the website states somewhere, this maybe means the public.

The page you posted says "public domain". That's not very helpful if the
people who initially get the results don't actually publish them.

> people take unfair advantage is no reason to stop doing non-profit and
> other altruistic efforts, all the contrary, "kill" them with love. :-D

No, but it means I can dedicate my limited charitable resources to something
that makes more of a difference, just like I donate money to those who spend
$0.90/dollar on the people being helped instead of $0.90/dollar being spent
on administration.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)