POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : BOOM! Head-crash Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  BOOM! Head-crash (Message 24 to 33 of 53)
From: scott
Subject: Re: BOOM! Head-crash
Date: 26 Feb 2009 13:52:22
Message: <49a6e4e6$3@news.povray.org>
> Waaaa. It's 5:20 and I'm still here. :-{

Awwww poor you :-)  If having to stay 20 minutes late is the worst you have
then you're lucky :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 26 Feb 2009 16:43:04
Message: <49a70ce8$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> "Yes, all our servers have redundant power supplies and redundant
>> harddrives. Unfortunately that didn't save us, so now we're completely
>> hosed. Sorry."
>>
>> Great way to build customer confidence...
>
> For something so important you should probably look into getting a
> backup server to switch in if one fails in some way or another.  Even
> our *email* server has a backup that supposedly automatically switches
> in if the original one fails for any reason...

The sad thing is... this system is due to be replaced any day now.

OTOH, it was due to be replaced "any day now" 12 months ago, so...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Awwww poor you :-)  If having to stay 20 minutes late is the worst you
> have then you're lucky :-)

Well, tonight I was delayed until 7:20.

I have *not* had an amusing day...

--