POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crappy submisison to workplace art contest. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Crappy submisison to workplace art contest. (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Crappy submisison to workplace art contest.
Date: 23 Feb 2009 19:20:01
Message: <web.49a33c7c87c875ab34d207310@news.povray.org>
I made an animation to share at an art festival at work.  About a dozen people
submitted framed still art; I've been submitting animations.

The coordinator of the contest was most gracious in lending me, or the contest,
a realllly old and clunky laptop to display my animation on.

I originally made two 640x480 MPEG-1's and put them together with title
sequences using Windows Movie Maker.

I made a 640x480 wmv and put it on the computer.  It played horribly clunkily.
I took the file into TMPGEnc and output a 640x480 and a 400x300 MPEG-1. The
400x300 MPEG-1 looked like crap as far as compression artifacts, but played
okay. Funny how I had something in the contest last year that was 400x300 and
didn't seem so bad on this guy's same old laptop.

Any tips?  Given that I mentioned POV-Ray, should I just outright cancel the
submission?  I suppose I could always put a personal laptop at risk for theft.

Post a reply to this message

> Any tips?  Given that I mentioned POV-Ray, should I just outright cancel the
> submission?  I suppose I could always put a personal laptop at risk for theft.

Buy an Atom based Netbook and chain it to a desk.

Netbook: $350 or less.
Chain: $10.
Lock: $25.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

> Buy an Atom based Netbook and chain it to a desk.
>
> Netbook: $350 or less.
> Chain: $10.
> Lock: $25.

How about a "digital photo frame"? Can those play MPEG?

Post a reply to this message