POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender fluid sims Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Blender fluid sims (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Darren New
Subject: Blender fluid sims
Date: 22 Feb 2009 21:18:49
Message: <49a20789$1@news.povray.org>
I'm doing something wrong, or it needs some serious work to be useful for
anything...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZgWAL43Sc8

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: Blender fluid sims
Date: 22 Feb 2009 22:03:45
Message: <49a21211$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> I'm doing something wrong, or it needs some serious work to be useful
> for anything...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZgWAL43Sc8

Haha, nice.  It looks like the former problem, although it's odd that it
translated properly.

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 23 Feb 2009 02:10:00
Message: <web.49a24abe14973b2af78a4cdb0@news.povray.org>
> I'm doing something wrong, or it needs some serious work to be useful for
> anything...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZgWAL43Sc8

I never tried fluid sim as it's about animation and I just don't do animation.
But here's a question that may be or not relevant to this:  did you parent the
fluid object to its container?  That is, select the fluid object, then the
container and then pressed CTRL+P?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7n6Gy3fj6Q

Looks way better, though it doesn't attempt to move the liquid along with the
container as you do.  It seems the simulation is about a fluid filling a
container, not about the fluid automatically following the container's motion.
For that, you need parenting.

BTW, this is mighty cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WruTNnF6Ztg

Post a reply to this message