POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Questionable entertainment Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Questionable entertainment (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Questionable entertainment
Date: 11 Feb 2009 15:35:45
Message: <499336a1$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so most people think of a compiler as this thing that turns your
source code into executable code. But hey, a compiler is a program too!
And, apparently, it can have bugs too.

Now I don't know if you can do this with, say, GCC, but currently I'm
looking at the commit list for GHC. For the most part it's quite dull.
But every now and then something makes me smile.

For example, one comment reads:

   "Darn, but TcDeriv is complicated, when type families get in on
   the act!  This patch makes GeneralisedNewtypeDeriving work
   properly for type families.  I think."

I LOLed! :-D

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/