POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Playing Crysis Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Playing Crysis (Message 21 to 30 of 101)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Playing Crysis
Date: 6 Feb 2009 15:13:23
Message: <498c99e3@news.povray.org>
> How about Germany and England, in fact?  There are plenty of games like
> this, in fact.  Castle Wolfenstein, anyone?

  Don't forget Japan. Most WW2 games are about killing Germans or Japanese.
Sometimes even Italians.

  (Some of those games, like the Medal of Honor series, base their levels
on actual WW2 battles, so they might be more excused from having actual
real nationalities.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 15:13:23 -0500, Warp wrote:

>> How about Germany and England, in fact?  There are plenty of games like
>> this, in fact.  Castle Wolfenstein, anyone?
>
>   Don't forget Japan. Most WW2 games are about killing Germans or
>   Japanese.
> Sometimes even Italians.
>
>   (Some of those games, like the Medal of Honor series, base their
>   levels
> on actual WW2 battles, so they might be more excused from having actual
> real nationalities.)

True, Japan, Italy, Germany - someone's gotta be the bad guy, and when
you get into historical reenactment (whether it's IRL or in a computer
game), the opposing forces are kinda necessary.

Jim

Post a reply to this message