POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vista Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Vista (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Vista
Date: 4 Feb 2009 00:14:02
Message: <4989241a$1@news.povray.org>
New computer here...
HP Pavilion 1.8 G AMD Phenom quad core
Was off-line for a few weeks trying to kick the
computer adiction.

Post a reply to this message

From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Vista
Date: 4 Feb 2009 03:29:08
Message: <498951d4$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood wrote:
> New computer here... HP Pavilion 1.8 G AMD Phenom quad core
> Was off-line for a few weeks trying to kick the computer adiction.

I'll have to assume that means your old one blew up and you were waiting
for the new hardware :p.

Congrats! Is it fast enough now?

-Aero

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Attwood
Date: 5 Feb 2009 05:30:03
Message: <498abfab@news.povray.org>
> I'll have to assume that means your old one blew up and you were waiting
> for the new hardware :p.

The old one expired in a sudden blackness, with a hint of smoke.
Mostly I waited a while to rehab from internet adiction.

> Congrats! Is it fast enough now?

It seems roughly equivalent in most ways, though
my Lexmark 3-in-1 printer/scanner is non-functioning under Vista.
There's a fair improvement in some areas, initializing some
programs goes a bit faster, probably from the memory
increase. I should run a benchmark...

Post a reply to this message

> The old one expired in a sudden blackness, with a hint of smoke.

Ah.

> Mostly I waited a while to rehab from internet adiction.

A little pause/holiday once a while makes wonders. I've myself enjoyed a
bunch of movies and B5 since I got a new bulb for my projector after 6
weeks of waiting (yep, I could've got it sooner, but it would've cost me
80€ more).

> It seems roughly equivalent in most ways, though
> my Lexmark 3-in-1 printer/scanner is non-functioning under Vista.
> There's a fair improvement in some areas, initializing some
> programs goes a bit faster, probably from the memory
> increase. I should run a benchmark...

Heh. Do you remember how fast the old computer got benchmarked?

-Aero