POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bitter failure Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Bitter failure (Message 11 to 20 of 39)
From: St
Subject: Re: Bitter failure
Date: 5 Feb 2009 07:38:33
Message: <498addc9$1@news.povray.org>
news:498ad01a@news.povray.org...

clicked on Crysis to read about it, and it says "to continue, please
> enter your birthday".
>
> Uh... WTF?

 Yeah, stupid, eh?

>>    Or... How about doing this?
>>
>>      http://www.techmixer.com/download-directx-10-for-windows-xp/
>>
>>     Can't say I've tried it, but I'm tempted if it will be useful.
>
> Interesting. The page even claims it makes DirectX 10 work on machines
> lacking the necessary hardware acceleration. (I.e., it will work even
> without a DirectX 10 video card.) I'm almost tempted with this. :-P

    Oh, I missed that bit. It might work for me playing Crysis.

     I'll let you go first, though. :op

       ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 5 Feb 2009 07:38:34
Message: <498addca$1@news.povray.org>
> St. wrote:
>> Seriously, if you want to 'test' your new kit, go and get Crysis. Load it
>> up and put everything on 'High'. If you get something like 30 - 40 fps
>> with *amazing* graphics, then it's working. :)
>
> OMFG!! I just watched the Crysis trailer, and my eyes nearly fell out of
> my head! O_O

 LOL! Hehe, told you.  :)

> Downloading now...

   Cool. It will be a new experience for you. Crysis was built to test DX10,
and some say that it runs better on DX9, but from what I've seen there
really isn't a lot of difference on high settings, it's all good. :)

    ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

Post a reply to this message

>> OMFG!! I just watched the Crysis trailer, and my eyes nearly fell out of
>> my head! O_O
>>

>  LOL! Hehe, told you.  :)

Damnit, STOP COSTING ME MONEY!! >_<

>> Downloading now...
>
>    Cool. It will be a new experience for you. Crysis was built to test DX10,
> and some say that it runs better on DX9, but from what I've seen there
> really isn't a lot of difference on high settings, it's all good. :)

We shall see.

I notice that my CPU is below the minimum requirements. This should be
interesting...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>> OMFG!! I just watched the Crysis trailer, and my eyes nearly fell out of
>>> my head! O_O
>>>

>>  LOL! Hehe, told you.  :)
>
> Damnit, STOP COSTING ME MONEY!! >_<

    Heh, no, *you're* costing me money! (Gonna have to upgrade soon,
methinks...)

> I notice that my CPU is below the minimum requirements. This should be
> interesting...

     You should be ok if I can run it on a basic 2800, 1.6GHz.

     ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

Post a reply to this message

>     Heh, no, *you're* costing me money! (Gonna have to upgrade soon,
> methinks...)

Huh?

>> I notice that my CPU is below the minimum requirements. This should be
>> interesting...
>
>      You should be ok if I can run it on a basic 2800, 1.6GHz.

Of course, today knowing the clock speed of the CPU tells you almost
nothing. ;-) [My 2.2 GHz Athlon64 X2 probably beats the **** out of a 4
GHz Pentium IV.]

PS. STILL downloading...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>     Heh, no, *you're* costing me money! (Gonna have to upgrade soon,
>> methinks...)
>
> Huh?

 Yeah, GTX295, 700+w power supply. Oh, and a mobo to go with it. :)

   Heck, that's a new computer! O.O

>>> I notice that my CPU is below the minimum requirements. This should be
>>> interesting...
>>
>>      You should be ok if I can run it on a basic 2800, 1.6GHz.
>
> Of course, today knowing the clock speed of the CPU tells you almost
> nothing. ;-) [My 2.2 GHz Athlon64 X2 probably beats the **** out of a 4
> GHz Pentium IV.]
>
> PS. STILL downloading...

    Tum te tum te tum....