POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Worst read ever Server Time
9 Oct 2024 16:05:11 EDT (-0400)
  Worst read ever (Message 21 to 30 of 55)
From: Mike Hough
Subject: Re: Worst read ever
Date: 3 Feb 2009 07:02:26
Message: <49883252$1@news.povray.org>
> How is the supposed Designer supposed to know how the climate of the
> planet is going to evolve over the next thousand millennia? Or, for that
> matter, how do you encode several hundred billion genomes into just one
> (deterministically)?

Those would fit with the definitions of omniscient and omnipotent. One nice
thing about religion is that you can make the creator anything you want.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 3 Feb 2009 07:28:55
Message: <49883887$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Hough wrote:
>> How is the supposed Designer supposed to know how the climate of the
>> planet is going to evolve over the next thousand millennia? Or, for that
>> matter, how do you encode several hundred billion genomes into just one
>> (deterministically)?
>
> Those would fit with the definitions of omniscient and omnipotent. One nice
> thing about religion is that you can make the creator anything you want.

Indeed. If we assume that God was the designer, all of this is quite
easy to accept. But this guy is trying to claim that this is a real
scientific theory. As in, a mere mortal could have done all this.

Post a reply to this message