POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Script craziness Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Script craziness (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Script craziness
Date: 28 Jan 2009 14:23:25
Message: <4980b0ad$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> The reason: If I ever need to *change* the drive mapping, I can just
> adjust the login script.

That makes sense, yes.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Jan 2009 14:26:35
Message: <4980b16b$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> The reason: If I ever need to *change* the drive mapping, I can just
>> adjust the login script.
>
> That makes sense, yes.

See? I do things for *reasons*. ;-)

(In a similar way, all our PCs use DHCP. Even though there's actually
nowhere near enough PCs that we couldn't just assign static addresses to
them...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jan 2009 15:41:30
Message: <4980c2fa$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> The reason: If I ever need to *change* the drive mapping, I can just
>>> adjust the login script.
>>
>> That makes sense, yes.
>
> See? I do things for *reasons*. ;-)

I didn't say you did. That's why I asked.