POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? (Message 79 to 88 of 218)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
Date: 28 Jan 2009 13:16:58
Message: <4980a11a$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:01:03 -0500, Warp wrote:

>> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:26:24 -0500, Warp wrote:
>
>> >   If Microsoft (and especially Steve Ballmer) stopped trolling around
>> >   and
>> > concentrated only on what they are good at, they could get a better
>> > reputation. But no. I think that at least with Steve Ballmer it's
>> > some kind of odd twisted imago reputation which he *wants* to
>> > maintain, for some incomprehensible reason.
>
>> For Ballmer (and Gates before him), it's all about control.  They don't
>> like what they can't control, so they have to either try to control it
>> or destroy it.
>
>   And that's why he always tries as hard as possible to become the
> laughing stock of the internet with his stupid antics?

I have a feeling that he really doesn't care what other people think of
him.  As much as he's worth, why should he?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Jan 2009 13:54:40
Message: <4980a9f0$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Download an IE skin for Firefox and change Firefox's icon to that of IE.
> See how long it takes for her to notice there's something wrong with it.

I'm guessing the first time she visits a site that demands ActiveX...?

Still, that's one way to get people to use sane software. ;-) I wonder
if you can do something similar for OpenOffice? (Although, to be honest,
you wouldn't need to change *that* many things...)

Also... I remember having a conversation that went something like this:

Me: Dude, you don't seriously use IE, do you?
Her: No, don't be stupid! I use Avant.
Me: ...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>   Download an IE skin for Firefox and change Firefox's icon to that of
>> IE.
>> See how long it takes for her to notice there's something wrong with it.
>
> I'm guessing the first time she visits a site that demands ActiveX...?

She uses MSN a lot and perhaps Hotmail also works better -- integrated
:P -- in IE.

> Me: Dude, you don't seriously use IE, do you?
> Her: No, don't be stupid! I use Avant.
> Me: ...

LOL

Post a reply to this message

>>> See how long it takes for her to notice there's something wrong with it.
>>
>> I'm guessing the first time she visits a site that demands ActiveX...?
>
> She uses MSN a lot and perhaps Hotmail also works better -- integrated
> :P -- in IE.

I'm guessing also that a lot of those pointless Flash games and similar
only work well in IE.

>> Me: Dude, you don't seriously use IE, do you?
>> Her: No, don't be stupid! I use Avant.
>> Me: ...
>
> LOL

"No! Of *course* I don't use IE! It's buggy and insecure. I use [a thin
skin over the top of IE] instead. It's way better."

"...uh..."

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:25:27 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> I'm guessing the first time she visits a site that demands ActiveX...?
>>
>> She uses MSN a lot and perhaps Hotmail also works better -- integrated
>> :P -- in IE.
>
> I'm guessing also that a lot of those pointless Flash games and similar
> only work well in IE.

Um, not if they're Flash games....Flash runs in Firefox....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:54:41 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>   Download an IE skin for Firefox and change Firefox's icon to that of
>>   IE.
>> See how long it takes for her to notice there's something wrong with
>> it.
>
> I'm guessing the first time she visits a site that demands ActiveX...?

Outside of Microsoft-owned sites, there are sites that still use
ActiveX?  Really?

I don't run into them *ever* unless I'm downloading something from the
MSDN site.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> I'm guessing also that a lot of those pointless Flash games and similar
>> only work well in IE.
>
> Um, not if they're Flash games....Flash runs in Firefox....

And how much do you want to bet that the entire site markup is only
tested with IE?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/