POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cue maniacal laughter Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Cue maniacal laughter (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Darren New
Subject: Cue maniacal laughter
Date: 22 Jan 2009 23:12:06
Message: <49794396$1@news.povray.org>
I looked up the "First Virtual InfoHaus", which was the server for the first
online shopping mall ever, which I wrote and ran back in 1994. The most
prominent link is to ... a commercial mortgage lender.

Yes! Give me a mortgage collateralized by an online shopping mall that was
shut down >10 years ago! That's great! I'll take it!

http://www.mortgagemag.com/guide/c094/c094417.htm

(And yes, it's really the same server, because they also have links to
sub-pages listing things by date, by price, by seller, etc)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"

Post a reply to this message

> Yes! Give me a mortgage collateralized by an online shopping mall that
> was shut down >10 years ago! That's great! I'll take it!
>
> http://www.mortgagemag.com/guide/c094/c094417.htm

That site was obnoxious. But what? They're trying to sell it?

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> Yes! Give me a mortgage collateralized by an online shopping mall that
>> was shut down >10 years ago! That's great! I'll take it!
>>
>> http://www.mortgagemag.com/guide/c094/c094417.htm
>>

> That site was obnoxious. But what? They're trying to sell it?

As far as I can tell, they're trying to get me to refinance the mortgage on
my online shopping mall.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"
   "What's wrong? Noodles too hot?"
   "No, I have Chopstick Tunnel Syndrome."

Post a reply to this message

> As far as I can tell, they're trying to get me to refinance the mortgage
> on my online shopping mall.

Interesting. Have they had it appraised?

--
~Mike