POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Current trends Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Current trends (Message 44 to 53 of 83)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Current trends
Date: 23 Jan 2009 13:30:00
Message: <web.497a0c89d9bdbb33bdc576310@news.povray.org>
> There were TSRs written for MS-DOS that did just that for machines that
> had faster processors but no turbo button. :-)

Yeah, but they used up precious memory, which the Turbo didn't ;)

In addition, the TSRs would make the system run a bit less smoothly.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 23 Jan 2009 13:48:20
Message: <497a10f4$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> And then I guess it's also heavier than Aluminum, which I'd suspect to be the
> main reason for gamers to get an Alu casing: Carrying it to the LAN party.

Magnesium. The ultimate in portability. My camera still blows me away,
the chassis is a Mg alloy and feels like plastic.

Of course, I don't know how well Mg deals with heat.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message