POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : President Obama Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  President Obama (Message 31 to 40 of 69)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: President Obama
Date: 21 Jan 2009 12:57:36
Message: <49776210$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle escreveu:
> Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:
>
>> Bush may have been the worst President in my lifetime.   Nixon screwed
>> up,
>> was paranoid, etc.  Carter just didn't seem to know what to do.  But
>> Bush seemed to do whatever the **** he wanted, and never bothered to
>> explain why to anyone, least of all the American people.  World
>> opinion could have been swayed to some extent if he had given it a
>> reasonable attempt, but he never did.
>
> Perhaps he noted that they hated the US before any American presently
> alive was born, and decided that courting their opinion was a waste of
> time.  Perhaps he noted that courting world opinion required the chronic
> habit of making unrewarded sacrifices and unreciprocated concessions.
> Perhaps he noted that the press had made a habit of distorting anything
> he said, so he decided that saying nothing was the wisest course of action.

are you from Texas? ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 21 Jan 2009 17:57:51
Message: <4977a86f$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> It wasn't far off half for Obama either, 53% people voted for him, 46%
> for McCain.

	Yes, but your point is...?

	I was merely pointing out that the notion that not that many were
supporting Bush because the elections may have been rigged is pretty
weak ground to stand on.

--
I think animal testing is a terrible idea. They get all nervous and give
the wrong answers.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message