POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : President Obama Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  President Obama (Message 30 to 39 of 69)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: President Obama
Date: 21 Jan 2009 12:56:09
Message: <497761b9@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:06:40 +0100, scott wrote:

>> That's skirting about the point. Even if he technically lost both
>> elections, the fact remains that it would have been a very near loss.
>>
>> Roughly half of the voters voted for him.
>
> It wasn't far off half for Obama either, 53% people voted for him, 46%
> for McCain.
>
> From his speeches that I've heard it seems like he has good intentions,
> and I like a lot of what he said, but then I guess every politician
> would sound like that.  I'm going to wait to see how he tackles
> environmental issues, although judging by the size of his car he's not
> setting a very good example :-)  (yes I know it's armour plated etc, but
> still...)

The President doesn't get a choice on things like that - the Secret
Service takes care of things like transportation details because it
becomes a safety issue.

That said, I read something recently about them retiring the existing
fleet of 747s that are "Air Force One" and that the USAF is looking to
contract for some new planes for that purpose.  They actually are
considering Airbus.....

Jim

Post a reply to this message