POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Ooo... (Message 21 to 30 of 111)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Ooo...
Date: 19 Jan 2009 13:22:33
Message: <4974c4e9$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
>> Video games, for some reason, seem much more blocky.
> MPEG -style? On what console?

Yes. Not sure which console. Come to think of it, it might have been a
recording of a console (with too much compression applied) as an
advertisement in the store. I'll have to look at my actual console to see if
I'm just misremembering.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?

Post a reply to this message

> Yes. Not sure which console. Come to think of it, it might have been a
> recording of a console (with too much compression applied) as an
> advertisement in the store. I'll have to look at my actual console to
> see if I'm just misremembering.

Compressing and decompressing video on-the-fly would just seem an
unnecessary (and honestly stupid) resource hog IMO :). Other kind of
blockiness (huge NES pixels;) are more reasonable.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message