POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Technicallity Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Technicallity (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Invisible
Subject: Technicallity
Date: 12 Jan 2009 11:19:34
Message: <496b6d96@news.povray.org>
http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/ws_intro.asp

"The HTTP protocol is the most used Internet protocol."

Uh... surely IP is "the most used Internet protocol", no? :-P

Perhaps you meant "the most used application-level protocol"? (Even them
I rather doubt it's correct. Surely SMTP dwarfs it...)

Post a reply to this message

> "The HTTP protocol is the most used Internet protocol."
>
> Uh... surely IP is "the most used Internet protocol", no? :-P
>
> Perhaps you meant "the most used application-level protocol"? (Even them
> I rather doubt it's correct. Surely SMTP dwarfs it...)

Not so sure about that, HTTP is used for lots of things nowadays, not
just browsing web pages. RSS Feeds, Client/Server applications, etc ..

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Not so sure about that, HTTP is used for lots of things nowadays, not
> just browsing web pages. RSS Feeds, Client/Server applications, etc ..

I'll go with "HTTP is the most misused app-level protocol." ;-)

I suspect SMTP still outweighs it, tho. And of course telephone dwarfs
internet as well.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?

Post a reply to this message

> I'll go with "HTTP is the most misused app-level protocol." ;-)

Heh, very true. How did the idea "Hey, lets make this API available on
an http service" get started anyway?

> I suspect SMTP still outweighs it, tho. And of course telephone dwarfs
> internet as well.

Possibly. If you include the spammers, then it is by a long shot.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message