POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Never ending... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  Never ending... (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Invisible
Subject: Never ending...
Date: 13 Jan 2009 06:14:05
Message: <496c777d$1@news.povray.org>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_submarines

Seriously. Who thought this would be a useful thing to compile?

It's true: If you can imagine it, it's probably on Wikipedia! o_O

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Never ending...
Date: 13 Jan 2009 12:06:24
Message: <496cca10$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_submarines
> Seriously. Who thought this would be a useful thing to compile?

They missed one. I guess today I get to learn how to edit wikipedia articles.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?

Post a reply to this message

>> Seriously. Who thought this would be a useful thing to compile?
>
> They missed one. I guess today I get to learn how to edit wikipedia
> articles.

You are right. Do me the favor of adding it also on my behalf. (haven't
done wiki editing myself either)

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 13 Jan 2009 15:46:52
Message: <496cfdbc@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> You are right. Do me the favor of adding it also on my behalf. (haven't
> done wiki editing myself either)

Heh. Which one were you thinking of?

From: Kyle
Date: 13 Jan 2009 15:58:51
Message: <496d008b$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Heh. Which one were you thinking of?

I dunno which one andrel was thinking of, but I was thinking of the one
they missed.

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 13 Jan 2009 16:05:07
Message: <496D0269.20003@hotmail.com>
On 13-Jan-09 21:46, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> You are right. Do me the favor of adding it also on my behalf.
>> (haven't done wiki editing myself either)
>
> Heh. Which one were you thinking of?

The one in Jingo. D*mned, now I have to go downstairs and vgrep the name
of the vessel....
Ah of course it is a 'Going under the water safely device' by the name
of 'Boat'.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 13 Jan 2009 16:15:30
Message: <496d0472@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> Ah of course it is a 'Going under the water safely device' by the name
> of 'Boat'.

Ah. I was thinking of the one in the book by Matt Ruff, in Sewer Gas and
Electric. A very fun book, incidentally.  Which I'll also have to skim thru
to find the name of the submarine. :-)

From: andrel
Date: 13 Jan 2009 16:22:34
Message: <496D0680.2070006@hotmail.com>
On 13-Jan-09 22:15, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> Ah of course it is a 'Going under the water safely device' by the name
>> of 'Boat'.
>
> Ah. I was thinking of the one in the book by Matt Ruff, in Sewer Gas and
> Electric. A very fun book, incidentally.  Which I'll also have to skim
> thru to find the name of the submarine. :-)

If you need a reference, page 210 in my paperback version. I found it in
about 10 minutes even though it is extremely hard to find anything in it
without reading entire paragraphs?