POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  XKCD (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Darren New
Subject: XKCD
Date: 9 Jan 2009 12:23:27
Message: <4967880f$1@news.povray.org>
Not sure what today's has me giggling so hard.
http://xkcd.com/528/
--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: XKCD
Date: 9 Jan 2009 13:11:05
Message: <49679339$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Not sure what today's has me giggling so hard.

Wait - there's a *beta* now?? o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Stephen
Date: 9 Jan 2009 13:14:20
Message: <jv4fm4pt8q9eucfol0k14u83uv0melp8q9@4ax.com>
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 18:11:11 +0000, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>Darren New wrote:
>> Not sure what today's has me giggling so hard.
>
>Wait - there's a *beta* now?? o_O

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 9 Jan 2009 13:23:02
Message: <49679606$1@news.povray.org>
>> Wait - there's a *beta* now?? o_O

Jesus, I thought they were *kidding*! I thought that was a *joke*!

You mean to tell me they're seriously about to release a brand new
version of Windows, when Vista has still reached > 0.001% acceptance??

I'm stunned.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 18:23:08 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Wait - there's a *beta* now?? o_O

> Jesus, I thought they were *kidding*! I thought that was a *joke*!
>
> You mean to tell me they're seriously about to release a brand new
> version of Windows, when Vista has still reached > 0.001% acceptance??
>
> I'm stunned.

When a product fails in the marketplace, sometimes it's prudent to
replace it with something that people might actually want.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> When a product fails in the marketplace, sometimes it's prudent to
> replace it with something that people might actually want.
>
> Jim

Windows 7 looks awfully similar to Vista. Just saying.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> When a product fails in the marketplace, sometimes it's prudent to
>> replace it with something that people might actually want.
>>
>> Jim
>
> Windows 7 looks awfully similar to Vista. Just saying.

What? Are you actually suggesting that the Edsel Mark II will sell just
as badly as the Edsel? lol (Mind, they where not dumb enough to make a
Mark II, but...)

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 12:42:46 -0600, Mike Raiford wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>

>> When a product fails in the marketplace, sometimes it's prudent to
>> replace it with something that people might actually want.
>>
>> Jim
>
> Windows 7 looks awfully similar to Vista. Just saying.

That doesn't surprise me.  :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 12:42:46 -0600, Mike Raiford wrote:
> > Windows 7 looks awfully similar to Vista. Just saying.
>
> That doesn't surprise me.  :-)

Considering it's already earned the nickname "Vista done right" :)

...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 02:00:56 -0800, Chambers wrote:

> [...]

I think that will remain to be seen. :-)

Jim