POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You've got to be kidding Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  You've got to be kidding (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: You've got to be kidding
Date: 7 Jan 2009 15:24:00
Message: <49650f60@news.povray.org>
The Christmas season really slowed you down, and now you're catching up?
I've seen like 2 or 3 messages a day in this newsgroup the past weeks.
Today I opened the newsreader and there are 340 unread messages!!

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 18:23:40 -0200, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> The Christmas season really slowed you down, and now you're catching up?
> I've seen like 2 or 3 messages a day in this newsgroup the past weeks.
> Today I opened the newsreader and there are 340 unread messages!!

Heh, there are 103 in the group just since I read yesterday.....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> The Christmas season really slowed you down, and now you're catching up?
> I've seen like 2 or 3 messages a day in this newsgroup the past weeks.
> Today I opened the newsreader and there are 340 unread messages!!

haha ... our really prolific posters are back from vacation ... what a crew!

Post a reply to this message

> haha ... our really prolific posters are back from vacation ... what a crew!

Contrary to popular opinion, it apparently requires a number of prolific
posters which is strictly greater than unity to achieve high volumes of
traffic.

Post a reply to this message

>> haha ... our really prolific posters are back from vacation ... what a
>> crew!
>
> Contrary to popular opinion, it apparently requires a number of prolific
> posters which is strictly greater than unity to achieve high volumes of
> traffic.

So we have 3 prolific posters here : Invisible, Orchid and Andrew* ;-)

Marc
(*) The last one never posts but strangely some contributors reply to him

Post a reply to this message

> Contrary to popular opinion, it apparently requires a number of prolific
> posters which is strictly greater than unity to achieve high volumes of
> traffic.

ah .... synergy

Post a reply to this message

>> Contrary to popular opinion, it apparently requires a number of prolific
>> posters which is strictly greater than unity to achieve high volumes of
>> traffic.
>
> So we have 3 prolific posters here : Invisible, Orchid and Andrew* ;-)

Oh, I don't know... So far this year Darren New alone has started 7
threads. That's more than me so far. :-P

Post a reply to this message

> Oh, I don't know... So far this year Darren New alone has started 7
> threads. That's more than me so far. :-P

I had got to be kidding ;-)
But wait a mn!
did you count how many threads you have started?

Marc

Post a reply to this message

> did you count how many threads you have started?

Yes. 6 of them. 6 is strictly less than 7. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

>> did you count how many threads you have started?
>
> Yes. 6 of them. 6 is strictly less than 7. ;-)
6 as Invisible, but 1 as Orchid :-D

Marc