POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Top scientific discoveries of 2008 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Top scientific discoveries of 2008 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Top scientific discoveries of 2008
Date: 6 Jan 2009 23:20:04
Message: <49642d74$1@news.povray.org>
http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/01/top-10-scientif.html

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Top scientific discoveries of 2008
Date: 7 Jan 2009 10:30:06
Message: <web.4964c99ac23044e9e44542980@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/01/top-10-scientif.html

First time I hear of "gene editing", though the concept is well known as genetic
engineering.  I hope they get a suitable emacs. ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 7 Jan 2009 12:41:11
Message: <4964e937$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> First time I hear of "gene editing", though the concept is well known as genetic
> engineering.  I hope they get a suitable emacs. ;)

I think there's an attempt at a subtle difference: genetic engineering is
making a new creature with altered genes. Gene editing is changing the genes
of an already-existing creature.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?