POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Acer Aspire 5000 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Acer Aspire 5000 (Message 54 to 63 of 63)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Acer Aspire 5000
Date: 9 Jan 2009 12:41:51
Message: <49678c5f$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Can this actually happen though, or does the CPU just shut down before
> it knows it is going to melt?

I once came home to a powered-down Windows machine that had been doing a
render. When I turned it on, I got a pop-up from Windows saying it had been
shut down due to temperature problems.  (Poorly-ventilated machine inside a
cabinet.)

I suspect both the OS and MB monitor the heat.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?

Post a reply to this message