POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Which would you buy? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Which would you buy? (Message 24 to 33 of 43)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Which would you buy?
Date: 7 Jan 2009 18:42:19
Message: <49653ddb$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> I have the UAC turned on, on this administrator account I meant that by
> selecting the program from the start menu, right clicking and selecting "Run as
> administrator"

I see. As I understand it, that doesn't actually log you on as
administrator. Instead, when you log into an account in the Administrators
group, you get two logins: one with admin privs, one without. The "run as
administrator" means "run with admin privs", not "run under the account
named Administrator".  The account with the name "Administrator" is by
default configured to launch every process with administrative privs.

> I could not find that checkmark.

I fear I have retired all the machines with that installed, or I'd fire one
up and see if I can find it. Sorry.

> I cannot see the fan speed at all, at all.

Probably not monitored, then.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 15:42:15 -0800, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> I have the UAC turned on, on this administrator account I meant that by
>> selecting the program from the start menu, right clicking and selecting "Run as
>> administrator"
>
>I see. As I understand it, that doesn't actually log you on as
>administrator. Instead, when you log into an account in the Administrators
>group, you get two logins: one with admin privs, one without. The "run as
>administrator" means "run with admin privs", not "run under the account
>named Administrator".  The account with the name "Administrator" is by
>default configured to launch every process with administrative privs.

Thanks for clearing that up.

>> I could not find that checkmark.
>
>I fear I have retired all the machines with that installed, or I'd fire one
>up and see if I can find it. Sorry.

No problems :)

>> I cannot see the fan speed at all, at all.
>
>Probably not monitored, then.

Probably not ;)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I cannot see the fan speed at all, at all.
>
> No big deal.

   It's not on the left like in the attached?

      ~Steve~

> --
>
> Regards
>     Stephen