POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random findings Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Random findings (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Invisible
Subject: Random findings
Date: 24 Dec 2008 06:01:09
Message: <49521675$1@news.povray.org>
Apparently, my arrival on this planet was hearalded by a mountain exploding.

(OK, it didn't blow the *whole* mountain up - it just put a very large
crater into it. And sent a column of ash 7,000 feet into the sky.
Covered everything within 3 miles of the mountain with a light dusting
of ash. That kinda thing.)

It just seemed like an appropriately appocolyptic way for the Earth to
greet my arrival. ;-)

Of course, a few months after *that*, the same mountain exploded again,
and this time it permanently etched its name in our history books...

Post a reply to this message

> Apparently, my arrival on this planet was hearalded by a mountain
> exploding.

finally ... a scapegoat ;-)

> Of course, a few months after *that*, the same mountain exploded again,
> and this time it permanently etched its name in our history books...

Ahhh .... a quiz .... Mount St Helens?

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 07:47:52 -0400, Jim Holsenback wrote:

> Ahhh .... a quiz .... Mount St Helens?

That would've been my guess.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Apparently, my arrival on this planet was hearalded by a mountain
> exploding.
>
> (OK, it didn't blow the *whole* mountain up - it just put a very large
> crater into it. And sent a column of ash 7,000 feet into the sky.
> Covered everything within 3 miles of the mountain with a light dusting
> of ash. That kinda thing.)
>
> It just seemed like an appropriately appocolyptic way for the Earth to
> greet my arrival. ;-)
>
> Of course, a few months after *that*, the same mountain exploded again,
> and this time it permanently etched its name in our history books...

Krakatoa ?

Post a reply to this message