POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Religions Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Religions (Message 1 to 10 of 51)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Religions
Date: 16 Dec 2008 15:31:09
Message: <4948100d$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.aegisub.net/2008/12/if-programming-languages-were-religions.html

Somebody on the Haskell list replied with "what do you mean *if*?"

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Religions
Date: 16 Dec 2008 16:20:00
Message: <web.49481acee84c89a2773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
> http://www.aegisub.net/2008/12/if-programming-languages-were-religions.html

HAHAHA, very fun!

Lisp is Zen indeed! ;)

> Somebody on the Haskell list replied with "what do you mean *if*?"

Yes, programming languages really have religious-like undertones and followers.
:)

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 16 Dec 2008 16:37:14
Message: <49481f8a@news.povray.org>
> http://www.aegisub.net/2008/12/if-programming-languages-were-religions.html

  I wonder which programming language would best represent atheism,
and which one agnosticism.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>   I wonder which programming language would best represent atheism,
> and which one agnosticism.

Assembly looks very atheist, with all its down to the metal materialist
fixation! :D

Post a reply to this message

>   I wonder which programming language would best represent atheism,

Analog computers?

> and which one agnosticism.

I dont know. ;-)

--