POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Money Making Opportunity Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Money Making Opportunity (Message 33 to 42 of 42)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Money Making Opportunity
Date: 21 Dec 2008 10:00:48
Message: <494e5a20@news.povray.org>
>>> Was it frozen?
>> Haha, I'd love to have seen that but as far as I know it's not even on
>> youtube... assuming you and Stephen are both thinking of the same thing?
>>
>> Aero's link is to something far sillier but only slightly funnier!
>
> Well I'm thinking of firing frozen chickens into an aero engine to simulate a
> bird strike.

Ever watched Jackass? :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Stephen
Date: 21 Dec 2008 10:29:05
Message: <05osk4tmvpuvdh3pkhri0pcqsbu3guuvvr@4ax.com>
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 15:00:53 +0000, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>> Well I'm thinking of firing frozen chickens into an aero engine to simulate a
>> bird strike.
>
>Ever watched Jackass? :-P

I didn't mean that *I* was thinking of firing frozen chickens and no I don't
know the programme.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 21 Dec 2008 12:17:35
Message: <494e7a2f$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> Well I'm thinking of firing frozen chickens into an aero engine to simulate a
> bird strike.

The version I heard was a railway contractor who borrowed the thrower
from the engine manufacturer to simulate a bird strike on a high-speed
locomotive. Same punchline though... comprehensive destruction.

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 17:06:45 +0000, Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> Well I'm thinking of firing frozen chickens into an aero engine to simulate a
>> bird strike.
>
>The version I heard was a railway contractor who borrowed the thrower
>from the engine manufacturer to simulate a bird strike on a high-speed
>locomotive. Same punchline though... comprehensive destruction.

I just googled it and the chicken was not frozen. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 17:06:45 +0000, Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom>
> wrote:
>
>> Stephen wrote:
>>> Well I'm thinking of firing frozen chickens into an aero engine to simulate a
>>> bird strike.
>> The version I heard was a railway contractor who borrowed the thrower
>>from the engine manufacturer to simulate a bird strike on a high-speed
>> locomotive. Same punchline though... comprehensive destruction.
>
> I just googled it and the chicken was not frozen. :)

Yeah, sounded a bit unbelievable. I can't see someone that stupid being
let near such a high-velocity launcher, let alone an aeroengine.

Post a reply to this message