POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's random post Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Today's random post (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Invisible
Subject: Today's random post
Date: 15 Dec 2008 06:14:34
Message: <49463c1a$1@news.povray.org>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_car_smell

[When my dad's car was new, it just smelt of dead cow...]

Post a reply to this message

From: m a r c
Subject: Re: Today's random post
Date: 15 Dec 2008 06:17:40
Message: <49463cd4$1@news.povray.org>

49463c1a$1@news.povray.org...
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_car_smell
>
> [When my dad's car was new, it just smelt of dead cow...]

Fresh leather seats?

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 15 Dec 2008 06:27:58
Message: <49463f3e$1@news.povray.org>
>> [When my dad's car was new, it just smelt of dead cow...]
>
> Fresh leather seats?

Well, the seats are claimed to be leather. As in, DEAD COW. :-D

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 15 Dec 2008 09:26:29
Message: <49466915$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_car_smell
>
> [When my dad's car was new, it just smelt of dead cow...]

Mmmm... All sorts of wonderful volatile organic compounds offgassing
from all of the plastics, foams, and other materials. Guaranteed to
eventually give you cancer, kill brain cells, and induce migrans.

Fun stuff! :D

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> [When my dad's car was new, it just smelt of dead cow...]

I thought you said that you didn't know anyone who drove or could possibly
afford a new car?

Post a reply to this message

> I thought you said that you didn't know anyone who drove or could
> possibly afford a new car?

My dad is the only person in my family to have ever managed it.

Post a reply to this message

>> I thought you said that you didn't know anyone who drove or could
>> possibly afford a new car?
>
> My dad is the only person in my family to have ever managed it.

I would have thought there are a lot of families where the "dad" is the only
one to manage it.

Post a reply to this message